Activity 2- Outline and Planning
In This Activity
Explore practical planning strategies for developing an eBook. You should come prepared with a topic taken directly from your upcoming curriculum. Together we’ll review the types of sources supported by the eBook tools, and target the most appropriate types of media and source documents to include. If you love paper, we’ve crafted a series of planning worksheets that help to map out the best outline structure for chapters and subtopics. Then you’ll move to the computer and utilize your creativity as you set up the chapter outline for your final eBook project. Use the eBuilder’s outline tool to craft a skeleton structure for each chapter. Finally, get a primer on copyright for music, video, graphics, and text. Leave prepared to safely gather copyright–free content to include in the final eBook project.
- Review copyright ethics and resources for obtaining copyright–free media.
- Utilize creativity skills to select an eBook topic and develop a content outline for the eBook.
Pick a topic, develop an outline, and set up your eBook chapter names.
Watch the Archive
Construct Your Outline
Watch these quick videos to get started.
Pick Your Strategy
Select from the following three strategies to develop your outline.
1. Write it up! It may be easiest just to write up your outline in a standard word processor. Google DOCs is great for collaborative team planning.
2. Use the eBook Tool – Watch the training videos above and develop your outline directly in the eBook tool. Create your chapters and use the outline tool to add subtopics. You can even add headers and start mapping out the sub-structure of each chapter, directly in the tool. Don’t forget, you can drag any content to rearrange the order of your chapter content.
3. Print the Planning Worksheets – If you’re a paper-planner, use this great collection of printable-ready planning worksheets to outline your eBook. Just print the ones you need
Brainstorming Flowchart Chapter Flowchart Organize Supporting Topics
Research Idea Brainstorm Sections Planning your eBook
Guide to Copyrights: Only YOU are responsible for adherence to copyright rules.
Here are some great sites that will teach you more.
Copyright Rules Copyright Diagram Copyright-free Sources
1. Pick your topic
2. Develop an outline
3. Create and name eBook chapters
Submit a reflection when you finish to earn your badge.