Run a Contest
Poster Contest: Be a Good Digital Citizen!
It’s easy to run a poster contest at your school. Have the students design a poster that describes how to be a good digital citizen on the internet, think up a great slogan, and use your creativity, award a prize for the best poster.
Download the starter kit
The kit includes:
- Poster contest guidelines
- Publishing release form
- Award Certificate
Invite your students to make a poster about any of these topics, or come up with your own idea.
- Responsible internet usage.
- Internet safety.
- Follow copyright rules.
- Check sources of information.
- Discourage cyber bullying.
- It’s OK to report bad behavior.
- Students should use computers in common areas at home.
- If you have to hide what you’re doing from an adult, you probably shouldn’t be doing it!
- Never pretending to be someone you are not, online.
Set up Ground Rules
here are some suggestions:
- Use original or copyright free artwork.
- Use appropriate language and art.
- Demonstrate any aspect of “What it Means to Be a Good Digital Citizen.
- Show a lot of creativity.
Pick a Winner
Create a student judging panel and award a prize to the winner
Come up with your own digital themed prizes!