How to Power Education with Technology
Free Programs from Digital Wish
If you want technology in your school, come get a fast-paced primer on the most popular free programs from Digital Wish.
- Technology Donations – Right now we have free modems, hard drives, Norton Anti-virus, Brocade wireless access points, and software. We’ll show you how to request a donation.
- Lesson Plan Library – Teachers have posted over 6,000 searchable lesson plans on technology. Some plans have been viewed over 20,000 times!
- Grants – Apply for over 50 Digital Wish grants and search for technology grants from other foundations in our searchable library listing.
- Digital Wish’s Fundraising Tools – Register and create a wish list of classroom technology items, then invite your school community to donate. We’ll also show you how to run a T-shirt or yearbook fundraiser.
- Recycle Forward – Earn cash for new technology by recycling used electronics and ink cartridges. Learn how to set up a campaign in a few minutes.
- Teacher-Only Discounts – Get on our weekly email list and be the first to find out about liquidations, and manufacturer’s specials that are only available to teachers.
- Free Training – Get free technology webinars on 1:1 computing, fundraising, grant writing and skills like photography. Take a course on eBook building and earn badges.
- BYOD Hub – Digital Wish has implemented 1:1 computing programs in 30 schools. We’ve modeled AUPs, implementation strategies, curriculum, and more. We’ll share our research plus a host of free BYOD resources.
Executive Director/Founder, Board President
Heather Chirtea is Digital Wish’s founder and Executive Director. Previously, as the longstanding president of Tool Factory, an educational software publisher, Heather traveled widely throughout the United States to conduct over 400 lively seminars on classroom technology integration each year. With a dual B.S. in communications and operations management (statistics) from Syracuse University, Heather has co-authored five books on classroom technology; designed more than 60 hands-on technology seminars for educators; launched online services for classroom clip art, worksheets, lesson plans, and formative testing and assessment; and written over 5,000 standards-based test questions. She serves on the board of directors for VITA-Learn (VT) and New England ISTE technology associations. Digital Wish has granted over 13 million dollars in technology to American schools.